Tuesday, September 18, 2012

DEADLINE? WHAT DEADLINE?


The Speech Festival is a competition.  And that's why there's a deadline for entries.  I always think, "Clever me.  I'll set the deadline for entries a week earlier than the actually Association deadline."  I do that, and the deadline comes and goes, and the next day, there are loads of students with their enrollment forms, ready to apply.  OK.  I'll extend the deadline another day, and the same thing happens the next day.

I start to thinking, do I do that?  Actually, I have and I do.  I think it's human nature to think you have more time left than you really do.  My sister, for example, was sewing her wedding dress the morning she got married.

I do not understand why a school I know set their deadline for August 28th!! That just doesn't make sense.  Who thinks of anything school related before 1 September??



I will always set my deadline earlier than the actual cut-off date for submissions.  The problem, I think, is students have caught on, and know I'll just extend it anyway, day after day after day... so they don't rush.  I've created a monster I'm afraid!

No comments:

Post a Comment