Monday, September 10, 2012

HK SPEECH FESTIVAL HERE WE COME!


Hi!
I've finally done it.  I've started a blog.  The purpose?  I've decided to make it one where teachers can go to get English Speech Festival ideas and tips so that they can better prepare their students for the Speech Festival here in Hong Kong.  Teachers want it. Students want it.  And parents definitely want it.  

The ideas I present on this blog will be quite general and not aimed at any specific poem, reading, excerpt or script.  Sorry!  But I'm sure anyone who reads my blog entries will soon see that the tips gleaned can be used for any Speech Festival event, for years to come.

LET'S GET STARTED
At this point, it's all about enrollment.  Students will often ask, "Which poem should I learn?"  My answer is, "Read all the poems for your age, and which one do you FEEL suits you and your personality?"  It's really that simple. It's bad when a youngster says something they don't believe in.  It's worse when a youngster says something they don't believe in while standing in the front of a room of fifty people, one of whom is the judge!  The performance tends to ring hollow, and everyone seems to notice it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment